Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 2013

I was greeted by two great hugs from Melissa and Mia in the Wichita airport. We had been separated for ninety days while Melissa helped her mom recover from open heart surgery. It was great to be back together again.

After having spent a week together in Kansas, I will be flying out tomorrow to Jacksonville, FL. I will spend most of this week buying more supplies for the ministry in Togo.

On Wednesday night, I will get to spend some time with a youth group from our home church. They will bring a missions trip over in late June of this year. One of the highlights of their trip will be a youth event at Eglise Nouvelle Vie in Aneho. This will be a 2013 highlight for the youth group in Togo.

This weekend I will head down to Orlando to pick up a boat motor. Last year, a very generous church bought us a 14 ft Jon boat. Just recently, a gentleman in Orlando helped me buy a 25 HP outboard to run on the Jon boat. It will be a great help to travel from the south to the north side of Lake Togo.

I will be headed to Macon, GA the week of March 18th in order to help pack a container. A new missionary couple will be moving to the northern part of Togo in April. I will help load the container for about two days.

On my drive home, I look forward to getting together with another missionary who is currently raising support to come to Togo full-time. I am looking forward to a great conversation to talk about vision and ministry in Togo.

I will drive back to Kansas in about two weeks, in time to welcome our second daughter into our family. This is a picture of our Mia, while out to lunch. She is 10 months old. We feel so blessed with the family has given us!


Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support! 


No comments: