Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday in Kpadape

I woke up this morning at about 5 a.m. in order to be on the road by 5:45. Mawulolo and Ben traveled with me to Kpadape. Ben wanted me to drop him off in his village so that he could see his family. As we passed through Lome on the way to Kpalime, we saw a man and son whose motorcycle had broken down. I picked up the son while the father waited with the motorcycle. As soon as the son climbed into the back seat of the car, Ben started sharing Jesus with him. They were going to the same village so I let them out of the car together about 15 minutes later.


The church service had a great feel. I could hear the singing as I pulled up and the crowd was somewhere around 80. I spoke on the first few verses of 1 Timothy. We are beginning the process of developing qualified church leadership. After the service, I baptized 9 people, including two young people from the mobile camp this summer. After a great lunch with the pastor and his wife, we started the 3 1/2 hour drive home. We picked Ben up about an hour into the trip. He gave us a great report that the boy had trusted Christ and as well as another girl.


Once we pulled into Aneho, we stopped at the church where Jonas was teaching the discipleship class. There were about 10 in attendance. Half of which are goinag through the course a second time so that they can teach in the near future.


I walked into the house about 6 just in time for dinner. It was truly a rewarding day.