Friday, January 13, 2012

Leadership Council


When the church plant (Eglise Nouvelle Vie) turned two years old, we believed it was time to start developing the leadership of the church at the next level. I chose six men to begin training for future leadership positions. We looked at everything from the annual budget ($750.00) to the effectiveness of our special events to being on time to services. We are studying 1 Timothy 3 together right now.


As we sat around our table in the gazeebo last night, I asked each guy how he was an example in the church and community this week. I was truly encouraged with what I heard and felt it was enough of an encouragement to pass along.


Simon- “I witnessed to the voodoo priestess that works next door to my shoe shop.” She asked, “If God made everyone, then why did He make some Christian and some voodoo?”’ Simon explained, “All men are born lost, but it is a decision to trust Christ.” He has been working with this lady for quite some time and asked us to continue praying for her.


Prosper- “It has been 7 years since I have been up north to visit my family. When I last left we had some problems in the family so that is why it has taken me so long to go back. In addition to these problems, as a child my family performed certain ceremonies on me and assigned a demon to protect me. Since becoming a Christian, I need to go home and tell them that I no longer believe in such things. I also took the opportunity to share Christ with my family.” I told him that this decision is a great example to his newly-saved wife about fixing problems from years past.


Ben- “I went up to Vogan (a city about 15 miles north in which we would like to plant a church) to visit an former school teacher and his family. I was able to witness to all the man’s children, and his two daughters trusted Christ as their Savior. The daughters instantly starting asking questions about how their promiscuous lifestyles should change. I was able to encourage them about what their life in Christ will look like. The teacher (father) went on to comment that was the first time that all the kids stayed in the same room and talked for the evening. The kids normally leave the house going their separate ways the minute dinner is over.”


Victor- “I was really excited because the friend that I invited for the New Year’s Eve party trusted Christ as Savior.”


Etienne- “I was able to have a great conversation with a young lady this week about her need for Christ. Ben and Victor know her well and should be able to help me follow up with her.”


Jonas- “I spent a good amount of time praying for each person in the church and each specific need. I am praying that God will give us people that are literate and leaders in our community.”









No comments: