Saturday, February 18, 2012

Troare the Muslim Night Guard


My night guard named Troare and I have had a few really good conversations about God for the last month. I could tell that he has been counting the cost of become a Christian for the last two weeks or so.


When he arrived at work earlier this week, he told me that he had 5 questions for me.


1.What is faith and how can I have it?

2.Why did Solomon have so much wisdom?

3. How did Saul become Paul?

4. Can I be baptized (if I convert from Islam)?

5. How can I leave Islam to become a Christian?


It was a true privilege to explain to him the grace that God has given in the free gift of salvation. He bowed his head in my gazebo and asked Jesus to save him.


Over the last few days we have had short conversations each evening. Here are a few comments he has made to me.


1. "My dad mislead me in Islam, but I forgive him."

2. "I notice so much about faith and I want more of it."

3. "I wake up every day and have a desire to talk to God."

4. "I have started thanking God for my food before every meal and praying for those that do not have anything to eat today. I know God can provide for them."

5. "I want my whole family to become Christians"


He is headed to church with me in the morning. It will be the first time that he has ever attended church in his life. Please be in prayer for the salvation of his family. Thanks for all that have had a part in his life.

No comments: